Skip to main content

Picture Perfect Vacation


I've said in my Instagram pic shower that we're leaving the villa which we learned to love and enjoy. Having moved here last July, my family has just acclimatized to the freedom (read: wide spaces!) that this villa offers. Watching my kids play basketball, steer a scooter, run around, or just roam outside the house make Fred and I happy knowing that we made the best decision of moving out of our former flat which was small. Because of the ongoing civil war in Syria, the owner of the villa had to leave his home country and occupy his house here again. We've been looking for other villas for weeks now but haven't found any that fits our specifications and budget. I just hope and pray that we will find one this week.

For the meantime, I've been posting at least three images on Instagram almost everyday for three days now. Forgive my shameless plug but if you have an Instagram account, please add up bethp26 (that's me!) to view on your phone most of the pictures I don't get to put here.

I've embraced mobile phone photography hook, line and sinker. If only my DSLR could speak (he's a male by the way because he's black, sturdy and strong), he would ask me why I even bought him. I would tell him to just wait for his time. And that time will be at night when my phone camera shy away from producing clear pictures because of its poor performance in low light situations.


I love taking pictures so much that I can't imagine composing an all-text post and keeping to myself all the images that best describe what I am talking about. Just like the pictures here which were taken on our recent vacation in the Philippines. We went to SM Mall of Asia, and spent some time in the breakwater just watching the sunset while eating dinner.



Trivia: I swam here when THE WATER WAS SO MUCH CLEANER and I was SO MUCH YOUNGER. Now, because of pollution,
swimming in Manila Bay is already prohibited.




I would love to go on vacation again next year. And these things I would surely do: stroll in SM Mall of Asia again (yes, I'm that shallow), watch the sea horizon sunset (which Riyadh doesn't have because it's in the middle of the desert), and ride that ferris wheel. And did I say, TAKE PICTURES?

Comments

  1. We are quite far from MOA but the first and last time I've been there I told myself I'll never go there again because I really got tired and most of the shops I saw are also found in the usual mall I go to.

    By the way, I also swam in Manila Bay when I was a kid... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was also my first thought when was living far from it. Why bother going to that mall when there's some place similar to it nearby. And I am so not fond of malling. I went there for the seaside feel. I love sunsets so much. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my posts. l appreciate comments, if any. I would love to return the favor whenever possible. Have a nice day!

Popular posts from this blog

Star City, Riyadh

It's the start of Gabby and Sunday's vacation! And I'm back to the things that I always take for granted: reading and blogging. I've always looked forward to posting here but life has been a whirlwind for the past months. Gabby graduated from primary school and will be in high school this June. Yes, you read it right. I now have a high school kid. How time flies! I got so sick after that and was rushed to the ER and was given antibacterial medicines intravenously. But now, I'm back and raring to blog again. Before I post another event or place, let me just finish Sunday's field trip. Before their visit to Prince Salman Science Oasis , the kids went to Star City in Exit 9 first. We've been passing by this amusement park for the longest time and I am really curious as to what is inside it. Of course, I know there are rides. But what kind of rides? Are  abaya s taken off or women ride wearing it? These were the questions I had before entering the park. An

A Day in Baher Villas, Al Khobar

The school opened last June and the kids are now busy studying, doing homework and projects. I'm happy that I wouldn't have to think of things for my kids to do just like what I've said here . My kids love to go to beaches on their vacations from school. And because we didn't go to the Philippines this year, Fred and I thought of bringing them to a beach resort here to bust their boredom and change their environment even for just a day or two. After searching online and asking some friends, we went to Baher Villas in Al-Khobar. It is located in Half Moon Bay area and several hundred kilometers away from Riyadh. Going there was a risk we had to take because first, it would only be the four of us. If anything happens to us or on our car while on the road, there's no one to help us. Not like two years ago when we went there on a convoy. Second, we didn't know the way. We just relied on the GPS of our Android phone. And third, we didn't know what li

Almarai Dairy Farm and Factory Visit

Whenever I chat with my friend based in Abu Dhabi, I always ask her what she will cook for an upcoming occasion, and she would promptly send snapshots of dishes I only dream of cooking. And when I posted the photo of my husband and me on my Facebook account, with a short "A trip to Almarai Dairy Farm" caption, she commented that she and her partner like Almarai products especially the yogurt and fresh milk. That's when I realized that although we're miles apart, my friend and I still have something in common: we enjoy the same brand of milk and juice drinks. Almarai products are also my family's favorite. My kids like Almarai Fresh Milk so much that they can finish a liter in less than three hours. F gulps down an Almarai yogurt before he eats breakfast every day. I like the skimmed milk and the orange-carrot juice drink. I'm loyal to its cheese product line. So when I heard the Almarai Dairy Farm and Factory visit from friends who have been there s