Skip to main content

Casa Leonida Resort


Whenever summer comes, I always get anxious about giving my kids activities that will pass their time and enrich their experiences. It could be going somewhere they haven't been to, attending crafts classes or just bonding with their friends or relatives. It must be the stage mom in me, but I want to fill my kids' childhood years with a chestful of good experiences.

A local told me it's still spring but I can already feel it's almost summer. The kids are beginning to ask when and where they can swim here. I told them I don't know Riyadh well yet. A friend of Fred invited us to their villa for a dip at their pool and we might go there when we have the time. Too bad, there's always sandstorm when we have the time.

That's when they miss the Philippines. Sunday even told me she wants to go back home. She misses the times when they were invited by their aunts and uncles for short vacations. Just like when my sister invited us to spend Good Friday and half of Black Saturday at Casa Leonida Resort in Pansol, Laguna three years ago. I remember the kids were so excited about it. I wasn't sure which excited them more: their bonding with their cousins (maternal side) or the idea of swimming and spending a night a little bit far from the city. Whatever that is, I'm sure they enjoyed that trip as much as I did.


Exclusivity is the big come-on of that resort. You can have it all to yourself for a day or more depending on your whim, budget, and its availability. The location and the fact that my sister paid the rent for us momentarily relieved me of my worries and stress. We swam, ate, sang and slept the hours away. I didn’t even help with the preparation of the food because my sister brought her two helps with her. What spoiled brats we are! :)

If you click on their website, you would see that there were just two rooms on the upper level of the house. My sister also invited her in-laws so I didn’t know which family slept on which room. And I think sleeping didn’t matter because they woke up the following day looking refreshed and energized. It must be the fresh air from the greens of Mount Makiling, which is just a few kilometers away.




As for us, we slept on the small room near the swimming pools. I wonder why that room wasn’t presented in the resort’s website. It would be a nice add-on to what they have to offer. The room was just right for a family of four: two parents and two kids. Fred and I slept on the pull-out bed while the kids used the main bed. After hours of swimming, the crisp and fresh scented linens and the soft, thick mattress worked wonders to our tired bodies. We also liked the room’s proximity to the kitchen.


The kids woke up early on the second day to have another dip at the pool while Fred and I played billiards. We ate a very filling breakfast and left before lunch. It was a short, hassle-free vacation that I would love to remember again and again. And the kids misses that resort. Sunday even told me that she can live there forever!


Comments

  1. Good thing I read, I would have thought the place is here in Riyadh. Tatanungin pa naman sana kita kung saan yan at baka makapunta din.

    Nice place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonyboy, yes that's in the Phils. You know what? I have tons of pics of Phils and Riyadh to share but because I am so busy, nasa desktop lang. I just hope I find time for it.

      Thanks for dropping by, Sonyboy. Have a nice week ahead!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my posts. l appreciate comments, if any. I would love to return the favor whenever possible. Have a nice day!

Popular posts from this blog

Star City, Riyadh

It's the start of Gabby and Sunday's vacation! And I'm back to the things that I always take for granted: reading and blogging. I've always looked forward to posting here but life has been a whirlwind for the past months. Gabby graduated from primary school and will be in high school this June. Yes, you read it right. I now have a high school kid. How time flies! I got so sick after that and was rushed to the ER and was given antibacterial medicines intravenously. But now, I'm back and raring to blog again. Before I post another event or place, let me just finish Sunday's field trip. Before their visit to Prince Salman Science Oasis , the kids went to Star City in Exit 9 first. We've been passing by this amusement park for the longest time and I am really curious as to what is inside it. Of course, I know there are rides. But what kind of rides? Are  abaya s taken off or women ride wearing it? These were the questions I had before entering the park. An

A Day in Baher Villas, Al Khobar

The school opened last June and the kids are now busy studying, doing homework and projects. I'm happy that I wouldn't have to think of things for my kids to do just like what I've said here . My kids love to go to beaches on their vacations from school. And because we didn't go to the Philippines this year, Fred and I thought of bringing them to a beach resort here to bust their boredom and change their environment even for just a day or two. After searching online and asking some friends, we went to Baher Villas in Al-Khobar. It is located in Half Moon Bay area and several hundred kilometers away from Riyadh. Going there was a risk we had to take because first, it would only be the four of us. If anything happens to us or on our car while on the road, there's no one to help us. Not like two years ago when we went there on a convoy. Second, we didn't know the way. We just relied on the GPS of our Android phone. And third, we didn't know what li

Almarai Dairy Farm and Factory Visit

Whenever I chat with my friend based in Abu Dhabi, I always ask her what she will cook for an upcoming occasion, and she would promptly send snapshots of dishes I only dream of cooking. And when I posted the photo of my husband and me on my Facebook account, with a short "A trip to Almarai Dairy Farm" caption, she commented that she and her partner like Almarai products especially the yogurt and fresh milk. That's when I realized that although we're miles apart, my friend and I still have something in common: we enjoy the same brand of milk and juice drinks. Almarai products are also my family's favorite. My kids like Almarai Fresh Milk so much that they can finish a liter in less than three hours. F gulps down an Almarai yogurt before he eats breakfast every day. I like the skimmed milk and the orange-carrot juice drink. I'm loyal to its cheese product line. So when I heard the Almarai Dairy Farm and Factory visit from friends who have been there s