Skip to main content

Online Finds #1

My work as a graphic designer requires that I browse the net for inspirations and free images that I can use on my designs. When I am online, I always stumble upon ideas and things that either leave my bookmark list long or push me to act on some tasks, do better or just be creative.

So I thought of sharing with you some of the things I've discovered while online. But before that, let me share with you first what happened last week.


An officemate just came from Jordan and gave me a beautiful purple and blue purse. My female boss gave me her pre-loved black bag which looks like it was used only a few times. A new acquaintance gave me the most beautiful cake I've ever received. The kids liked the macarons so much and I liked the cake. Gabby won first prize in an art contest in his school. Though Fred and I know that his creativity is innate, we didn't expect from him that he'd nail it. Prayers work, really. I received four job offers from four different companies here. I am so blessed to be receiving so many things in just one week. Thank you, Lord.

Now back to my online finds.



I've always wanted to have a beautiful and functional camera bag just like this Silhouette Bag but didn't have money for it. Anyway, my old camera bag will do for now.




And speaking of cameras and images, there's a game from Veer, an online stock photography and illustration site that will test how addicted to movies you are. Clockbusters won't let you leave your seat until you've guessed all the movie titles right.

But don't think that I got so addicted to it that I play while working. I love my job so much and I believe that my boss noticed it. When he knew that I was on the verge of quitting to work for another company that offers a higher salary, he gave me a raise. Thank you, Lord I didn't use these tips.




I was looking for free main courses pictures for a restaurant menu I was designing when I saw Flipboard. Instead of bookmarking the sites you would like to visit again, or the recipes you would like to try out for later, why not lay them out magazine style? This would make your online finds organized. I would like to start something like these and this!


The beautiful macaron cake! So yummy!

Being a designer has its perks. And one of them is getting an excuse for going online. I so love my job!


Comments

Farida said…
I also bookmark inspirations for my future posts :)

The cake does look very tempting! Is it delicious? I have not tasted a macaroon but I'm guessing it is a little sweet.
Beth said…
Hi Ida, macarons are so yummy! My kids are addicted to it. They're pricey here. I might as well learn how to make one someday! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Star City, Riyadh

It's the start of Gabby and Sunday's vacation! And I'm back to the things that I always take for granted: reading and blogging. I've always looked forward to posting here but life has been a whirlwind for the past months. Gabby graduated from primary school and will be in high school this June. Yes, you read it right. I now have a high school kid. How time flies! I got so sick after that and was rushed to the ER and was given antibacterial medicines intravenously. But now, I'm back and raring to blog again.

Prince Salman Science Oasis, Riyadh

Don't think that I don't like my job when I tell you that I took a leave of absence just to accompany my daughter to her field trip. I do love my job. But my daughter is growing up fast and I don't want to miss the chances of being with her on times she asks me to.

Ever read or heard about the famous deathbed regret quote? It says, “No man ever said on his deathbed, ‘I wish I had spent more time in the office.'” That thought reminds me to always have time for my family, no matter how busy I am at work. So on times I need to choose between being a mom and an office employee, I always choose the former. And I haven't regretted that choice since I started making it.

Let me be honest here. One of the reasons I went to that field trip was to check out places that aren't included in my must-go-to list here in Riyadh. I am so sure museums and exhibition centers are way below your list too, if they're there at all.



*Prince Salman Science Oasis (PSSO) is a non-pr…

Almarai Dairy Farm and Factory Visit

Whenever I chat with my friend based in Abu Dhabi, I always ask her what she will cook for an upcoming occasion, and she would promptly send snapshots of dishes I only dream of cooking. And when I posted the photo of my husband and me on my Facebook account, with a short "A trip to Almarai Dairy Farm" caption, she later on commented that she and her partner like Almarai products especially the yoghurt and fresh milk. That's when I realized that although we're miles apart, my friend and I still have something in common: we enjoy the same brand of milk and juice drinks.